UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Frances Tiafoe and Gael Monfils go toe-to-toe with each other on Thursday. Which of these players will emerge victorious at the end of this Vienna Open match?
Frances Tiafoe vs Gael Monfils – match predictions
- 1 Frances Tiafoe vs Gael Monfils – match predictions
- 2 Which of these players will advance to the quarter-final?
- 3 Key match details
As Tiafoe and Monfils contend with each other for a quarter-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Gael Monfils to win @ 4/5 (1.80)
After a long hiatus, Gael Monfils is just starting to find his stride. The French player reigned supreme at the Stockholm Open last week, dropping just two sets en route to the title. Monfils is coming into this match on the back of six consecutive wins, and four of those were in straight sets.
On the other hand, Frances Tiafoe has been going through a rough patch these past few weeks; he suffered five losses in his last seven singles matches, including the Davis and Laver Cups. We would like to point out that Gael Monfils came out on top the last time these players met; and for this reason, we believe he’ll advance to the quarter-final at the expense of Tiafoe.
2 total sets @ 4/7 (1.57)
Next, let’s explore the ‘total sets’ market. Frances Tiafoe and Gael Monfils squared off against each other two times in the past, and both clashes ended in minimum sets. That said, these players have been involved in a few two-setters lately. While five of Frances Tiafoe’s last seven singles matches (in best-of-three events) ended in two sets, four of Gael Monfils’ last five matches were two-setters. All things considered, we are fairly confident that whoever wins this match will do so in straight sets.
Frances Tiafoe vs Gael Monfils odds
At 4/5 (1.80), Gael Monfils is the favourite to win this match with a 55.6 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Frances Tiafoe a 44.4 percent chance to win this match.
Which of these players will advance to the quarter-final?
Now that our Frances Tiafoe vs Gael Monfils predictions are out of the way, let’s see how these players performed in recent weeks.
Frances Tiafoe defeated Daniel Evans in the first round of this tournament, after his opponent had to retire due to an Injury. The American has struggled to find his best form of late, losing five of his last seven matches. It’ll be interesting to see how Big Foe will match-up against Monfils today.
On the other hand, Gael Monfils has enjoyed some fine form these past couple of weeks; he’s currently on a six-match winning streak, with an ATP singles title in that stretch. The 37 year old will fancy his chances against an out-of-form Frances Tiafoe.
Tiafoe vs Monfils head to head
This will be the third encounter between Frances Tiafoe and Gael Monfils. As it stands, the head-to-head between these players is currently tied; as both players have one win apiece. However, these players last met at the Canadian Open two years ago, where Monfils won in straight sets.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: Thursday 26th October, by 17:50 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Gael Monfils.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!