UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Both Tiafoe and Bublik are having successful seasons, winning titles. The Paris Open is a big challenge for both of them, and whoever advances from this match may have a real chance to go deep in the tournament. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Frances Tiafoe vs Alexander Bublik predictions
- 1 Our favourite Frances Tiafoe vs Alexander Bublik predictions
- 2 Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?
- 3 Key match details
The odds are pretty close for the win of both players, which shows how interesting this match will be.
Frances Tiafoe to win @ 7/10 (1.70)
Frances Tiafoe is not playing his best tennis lately which saw him fall from the top 10 in the ATP rankings. The American reached the quarterfinal last year in Paris showing that he can be very dangerous on this surface. Bublik is having many ups and downs this season and the feeling is that sometimes he lacks effort. That will probably not be the case in Paris but even if he pushes hard, Tiafoe has the extra quality that will take him through to the second round.
First set tie break @ 5/2 (3.50)
Bublik is one of those players who depends on his first serve and does not play long points. Tiafoe doesn’t mind that at all and we will probably see a tight match with not many breaks of serve. Given the stakes that goes with such a big tournament, both players will bring their best game and that may be enough to take the opening set to the tiebreak.
Frances Tiafoe vs Alexander Bublik odds
According to the odds, Tiafoe is the favourite to win the game, with a 59% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Bublik 41% chance to win the match.
Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?
The winner of this match will play against the winner of the match between Nicolas Jarry and Alexei Popyrin in the second round.
Tiafoe is currently 14th in the ATP rankings, four spots lower than his career high. The American is 40-23 for the season and 21-11 on hard surface.
He is coming off a 6-4, 6-3 quarterfinal loss to Jannik Sinner in Vienna.
Tiafoe won two titles this season, in Houston and Stuttgart.
Bublik is 30th in the rankings and he has never been ranked higher than No. 25 in the world. The player from Kazakhstan is 26-28 for the season and 3-12 on hard surface.
He is coming off a 7-6, 6-2 loss to Casper Ruud in the opening round in Basel.
Bublik’s best result this season were the titles in Halle and Antwerp.
Tiafoe vs Bublik head to head
Tiafoe leads 2-1 in the previous head to head against Bublik. Their last match was in the third round of last year’s Wimbledon where the American won 3-6, 7-6, 7-6, 6-3. Bublik won right before that tournament, 5-7, 7-6, 6-0 in the first round in Eastbourne. The first match between these two players was in the second round of the 2019 ATP Washington where Tiafoe won 7-6, 6-1.
Key match details
- Venue: Court 1
- Date & time: Monday, 30th of October, TBD
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!