Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Aleksandar Vukic prediction and odds: Japan Open 2023

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Aleksandar Vukic
Photo by Icon sport

Auger-Aliassime is having a season to forget and he will try to make things happen at the Japan Open. He starts against Aleksandar Vukic in the first round. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Aleksandar Vukic predictions

It’s been seven months since Auger-Aliassime won two matches in a single tournament and he hopes that he will break that run in Tokyo. Vukic does not seem like a tough opponent but the Australian has a serve that can keep him in any match on the tour.

Felix Auger-Aliassime 2-0 @ 5/4 (2.25)

Auger-Aliassime made it to the top 10 in the rankings last season and he was seen as one of the youngsters that can make a leap this season. As the season is getting closer to the end, Auger-Aliassime has a losing record which clearly speaks for his form. Still, he is one of the most talented players on the tour and he will find a way to prove that once again at the Japan Open. Auger-Aliassime is a much better player than Vukic and even though the Australian has a serve that can be a problem, Auger-Aliassime will win this in straight sets.

Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Both players have excellent serve and given the surface in Tokyo, they will be able to hold on to their serve most of the time. Vukic seeks his chance in this match late in the sets and Auger-Aliassime will have to work his way to get to the victory.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Aleksandar Vukic odds

According to the odds, Auger-Aliassime is the favourite to win the game, with a 69% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Vukic 31% chance to win the match.

When was the last time Felix Auger-Aliassime won a title?

The last time Auger-Aliassime won a title was Basel last year. That was one of his four titles in 2022 and he has yet to win a single one this year.

Felix Auger-Aliassime

Auger-Aliassime is 15th in the rankings and his career high is No. 6. The Canadian is 16-18 for the season and 11-12 on hard surface.

Auger-Aliassime is coming off a first round 7-6, 4-6, 6-3 loss to Marton Fucsovics at the Shanghai Masters.

The last time Auger-Aliassime won two matches in a single tournament was in March in Indian Wells. His best result this season is the semifinal in Doha.

Aleksandar Vukic

Vukic is 54th in the rankings, six spot lower than his career high. The Australian is 48-31 for the season and 34-19 on hard surface.

He is coming off a 6-4, 6-3 loss to Grigor Dimitrov at the Shanghai Open.

Vukic’s best result this season was the title at the Busan Challenger where he defeated Max Purcell. His best result on the ATP tour was the final in Atlanta where he lost to Taylor Fritz.

Auger-Aliassime vs Vukic head to head

This will be the first match between Felix Auger-Aliassime and Aleksandar Vukic.

Felix Auger-Aliassime vs Aleksandar Vukic
Photo: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA – Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Coloseum Arena
  • Date & time: Monday, 16th of October, 06:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!