UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Both players are just out of the Top 100 in the WTA rankings. This quarterfinal match at the Korea Open may launch the winner to heights she has never been before. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Emina Bektas vs Kimberly Birrell predictions
- 1 Our favourite Emina Bektas vs Kimberly Birrell predictions
- 2 Can Kimberly Birrell finally get into the Top 100?
- 3 Key match details
Emina Bektas is playing her best tennis late in her career and hopes to defeat Kimberly Birrell for the first time.
Kimberly Birrell to win @ 13/20 (1.65)
Birrell is still on the rise and being 25-years-old means that she is still not in her prime. That cannot be said for Bektas as the American is 30. Both players have winning records for the season but looking back at their previous matches, Birrell has never lost a set against Bektas. This may be a more challenging task for the Australian but there is no doubt that she is the better player and will prove that on Friday.
Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
Bektas didn’t come even close of winning a set against Birrell in their previous matches. She has a solid couple of weeks and the American seems ready to fight in this match. Even though Birrell is the favourite, Bektas will not give anything easy that will win her a set in this match that will go over 22.5 games.
Emina Bektas vs Kimberly Birrell odds
According to the odds, Birrell is the favourite to win the game, with a 60% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Bektas 40% chance to win the match.
Can Kimberly Birrell finally get into the Top 100?
After having three tough season when she supposed to make a huge leap forward, Birrell is back in good shape in the past two seasons. She plays well and it seems like she always fails make the step she need. As the season progresses, Birrell has improved her shape and it seems like after the Korea Open she will get in the among the Top 100 players.
Bektas is currently enjoying the highest rankings of her career being 116th in the world. The American is 47-17 for the season and 35-14 on hard surface.
She is coming off a 6-3, 6-4 win over Su Jeong Jang in the round of 16.
Her best result of the season were the titles at the ITF tournaments in Pretoria and Kurume.
Birrell is 102nd in the rankings, two spots lower than her career high. The Australian is 38-28 for the season and 33-17 on hard surface.
She is coming off a 6-0, 6-1 win over Deyeon Back in the round of 16 in Seoul.
Her best result of the season were the titles at the ITF tournaments in Cantanhede and Orlando.
Bektas vs Birrell head to head
Birrell leads 2-0 in the previous matches against Bektas. The last time they played was in the qualifiers for the 2022 US Open where the Australian won 6-4, 6-2. Also in the qualifiers for the 2018 ITF in Manchester, Birrell won 6-2, 6-3.
Key match details
- Venue: Stadium 1
- Date & time: Friday, 13th of October, 04:00 GMT
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!