UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Elina Svitolina and Victoria Azarenka go head-to-head at the Citi Open. Which of these players will advance to the next round?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka – Match Predictions
- 1 Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka – Match Predictions
- 2 Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka Preview
- 3 Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka Match Details
As both teams set their sights on a second round spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Victoria Azarenka to Win
It’s important to point out that these players met at Wimbledon a couple of weeks ago, and Elina Svitolina emerged victorious in straight sets. In spite of that win, the Ukrainian doesn’t have a great track record against Azarenka. As a matter of fact, Svitolina lost five of six previous encounters between these players; she’s currently 0 for 4 vs Azarenka on hard courts, with three of those losses coming in straight sets. That said, we believe that the Belarusian will come out on top at the end of this match.
Over 21.5 Total Games
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. We would like to point out that three of Elina Svitolina’s last five matches ended in maximum sets, and four of those featured 21 or more games. We’ve already established that the most recent clash between these players ended in three sets; and considering we don’t expect this to be a one-sided contest, we are taking the over 21.5 games option.
Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka Preview
We’ve sorted out our Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka predictions, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this tournament.
It’s worth mentioning that Elina Svitolina last played at Wimbledon; where she reached the semi-final, losing to eventual champion Marketa Vondrousova. The Ukrainian player has five wins in her last six matches, and one of those came against Azarenka. It’ll be interesting to see if Svitolina can string up back-to-back victories over the Belarusian player.
Like today’s opponent, Victoria Azarenka’s last tournament was at Wimbledon. Interestingly, the Belarusian’s last match was against Elina Svitolina, where she lost in three sets. The two-time Australian Open champion will hope to avenge that loss as she takes on the Ukrainian.
Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka Head to Head
It may interest you to know that Elina Svitolina defeated Victoria Azarenka at Wimbledon this month, and that was her first career victory over the Belarusian. As it stands, Azarenka currently leads the head-to-head with five wins in six previous clashes between these players. These are the results of the previous skirmishes between these two:
- 09/07/23 Svitolina won 2-1 (Wimbledon, Grass)
- 21/02/22 Azarenka won 2-0 (Australian Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 04/03/21 Azarenka won 2-0 (Doha Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 14/05/19 Azarenka won 2-1 (Italian Open, Clay)
- 11/08/15 Azarenka won 2-0 (Rogers Cup, Outdoor Hard)
- 25/02/15 Azarenka won 2-1 (Doha Open, Outdoor Hard)
Elina Svitolina vs Victoria Azarenka Match Details
- When will this match start? The Svitolina vs Azarenka match is scheduled for Tuesday August 1st, at 00:00 BST.
- On which court will this match be played? These players will lock horns at the Citi Open’s Center Court.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Elina Svitolina is slightly favoured over her Belarusian opponent.
- Who won the last time these players met? Elina Svitolina won the most recent clash between these players in three sets.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!