UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Elena Rybakina and Liudmila Samsonova battle for supremacy on Saturday. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
Our favourite Elena Rybakina vs Liudmila Samsonova predictions
- 1 Our favourite Elena Rybakina vs Liudmila Samsonova predictions
- 2 Which of these players will advance to the final?
- 3 Key match details
As both players set their sights on a place in the China Open final, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Samsonova to win a set @ 8/13 (1.62)
Given that Elena Rybakina is coming off an impressive straight sets victory over World number 1 Aryna Sabalenka, it’s no surprise that she’s the favourite to win this match. However, Rybakina’s record in previous clashes between these players doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. The Kazakhstani is currently 0 for 3 against today’s opponent; and considering Samsonova took out two former grand slam champions in the previous rounds of this competition, we don’t think she’ll go down in straight sets.
Over 21.5 games @ 4/6 (1.67)
We’ve already established that these players squared off against each other on three occasions. Interestingly, two of those encounters ended in maximum sets, going comfortably above the 21.5 games line. That said, Samsonova has played four matches in this competition so far, and three of those featured at least 22 games. On that note, we’re taking the under option for this match.
Elena Rybakina vs Liudmila Samsonova odds
At 10/21 (1.48), Elena Rybakina is the favourite to win this match with a 67.7 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Liudmila Samsonova a 32.3 percent chance to win this match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Which of these players will advance to the final?
Now that we’ve sorted out our Elena Rybakina vs Liudmila Samsonova predictions, let’s see how these players fared in the previous rounds of this competition.
Elena Rybakina had to bring her A game against Aryna Sabalenka in the previous round, as she defeated the reigning Australian Open champion in straight sets. The former Wimbledon champion will have a tough task ahead of her; as she has no wins in three previous clashes with today’s opponent. It’ll be interesting to see how Rybakina matches up against Liudmila Samsonova.
On the other hand, Liudmila Samsonova had to go through players like Petra Kvitova and Jelena Ostapenko in order to reach the semi-final; she surrendered just one set en route to the last four. The Russian player will hope to keep her perfect record against Rybakina intact after this match.
Elena Rybakina vs Liudmila Samsonova head to head
This will be the fourth encounter between these players. Interestingly, Liudmila Samsonova has a perfect three wins from three against Elena Rybakina. Furthermore, previous skirmishes between these players took place on this surface.
Key match details
- Venue: Diamond Court.
- Time and date: Saturday 7th October, not before 09:30 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Elena Rybakina.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!