UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Vienna Open title is up for grabs as Daniil Medvedev and Jannik Sinner square off against each other on Sunday. Which of these players will reign supreme when it’s all said and done?
Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner – match predictions
- 1 Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner – match predictions
- 2 Can Medvedev avenge his Beijing Open loss to Sinner today?
- 3 Key match details
With both players setting their sights on the title, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Daniil Medvedev to win @ 4/6 (1.67)
A case can be made for Jannik Sinner to win this tournament. The Italian player has taken out some tough opponents in this tournament, and he did so without surrendering a set. As a matter of fact, Sinner defeated Andrey Rublev, Frances Tiafoe, Lorenzo Sonego and Ben Shelton in the previous rounds of this competition, all in straight sets.
Additionally, Sinner beat Daniil Medvedev the last time these players met, at the China Open final earlier this month. However, the number 2 seed doesn’t have a great track record against Medvedev; as he has six losses in seven previous skirmishes between these players.
Furthermore, Daniil Medvedev has been one of the most consistent players on the tour in recent months; he has 15 wins in his last 18 matches, reaching three finals in that stretch. All things considered, we are leaning towards Medvedev for the victory.
Two total sets @ 8/15 (1.53)
We’ve already established that these players have met a fair few times. It may interest you to know that most of their recent encounters were two-setters. In fact, three of the last four clashes between Medvedev and Sinner ended in minimum sets.
Likewise, both players have been involved in their fair share of two-setters recently. While Jannik Sinner cruised through his last four matches in straight sets, six of Medvedev’s last eight singles matches ended in two sets. For this reason, we believe that whoever wins this match will do so without dropping a set.
Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner odds
At 4/6 (1.67), Daniil Medvedev is the favourite to win this match with a 60 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Jannik Sinner a 40 percent chance to win this match.
Can Medvedev avenge his Beijing Open loss to Sinner today?
Now that our Daniil Medvedev vs Jannik Sinner predictions are out of the way, let’s see how these players fared en route to the final.
It was business as usual for Daniil Medvedev on Saturday, as he dispatched Stefanos Tsitsipas in straight sets. The Russian player took out Karen Khachanov, Grigor Dimitrov and Arthur Fils in the first three rounds. Medvedev will be playing in his third final since the start of September; he’ll fancy his chances against Jannik Sinner.
On the other hand, Jannik Sinner defeated Rublev, Tiafoe, Sonego and Shelton in the previous rounds, and he did so in straight sets. The Italian player has a tough task ahead of him, as he squares off against one of the best players in the World. It’ll be interesting to see how he’ll match-up against Daniil Medvedev.
Medvedev vs Sinner head to head
This will be the eighth encounter between these players. Daniil Medvedev currently leads the head-to-head, having won six of their previous seven clashes. However, it’s important to point out that Jannik Sinner came out on top the last time these two met.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: Sunday 29th October, not before 13:00 GMT.
- Bookies’ favourite: Daniil Medvedev.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!