Cristina Bucsa vs Jessica Pegula prediction and odds: Japan Open 2023

Cristina Bucsa vs Jessica Pegula prediction and odds: Japan Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Jessica Pegula is one of the favourites to win the tournament in Tokyo, and in the second round, she will face Cristina Bucsa from Spain. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Cristina Bucsa vs Jessica Pegula predictions

Jessica Pegula is back in action for the first time after her early exit at the US Open. The world No. 4 will face Cristina Bucsa for the second time this season.

Cristina Bucsa +5.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)

There is no doubt that Jessica Pegula is a major favorite in this match, and she will most likely advance to the next round. The real question is how competitive Bucsa can be. The Spaniard had a great start in the opening round and have a winning record on this surface, so the +5.5 games spread is something that Bucsa can cover.

First set over 9.5 games @ 13/20 (1.65)

After losing only three games in the opening round, Bucsa has a chance to go against a top 5 player. Pegula is coming back on the court after a three-week break, so this match will start quite slowly as the American will need some time to adapt. Knowing that none of the players will have a furious start of the match which will take the opening set over 9-5 games.

Cristina Bucsa vs Jessica Pegula odds

According to the odds, Jessica Pegula is the favourite to win the game, with an 89.3% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Cristina Bucsa 10.7% chance to win the match.

The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.

How ready is Pegula to win the Japan Open?

Pegula was considered one of the favourites to win the US Open. After a disappointing exit, she seems ready to attack the title at the Japan Open.

Cristina Bucsa

Bucsa is currently ranked 79th in the world while her highest ranking is No. 65. The 25-year-old is 26-24 for the season and 16-11 on hard surface.

She is coming off a comfortable 6-1, 6-2 win over Rina Saigo in the opening round.

Bucsa’s best results this season were the semifinal in Chicago and the quarterfinal in Contrexville.

Jessica Pegula

Pegula is ranked No. 4 in the world, one spot lower than her career high. The American is 46-15 for the season and 30-9 on hard surface.

She is coming to Japan Open after a round 16 exit at the US Open against Madison Keys.

Pegula’s best result this season is the win in Montreal after defeating Ludmila Samsonova in the final 6-1, 6-0. She also reached the final in Doha losing to Iga Swiatek 6-3, 6-0 and reached the semis in Washington, Charleston, Dubai and Miami.

Bucsa vs Pegula head to head

This will be the second match between these two players after Pegula won 6-1, 6-4 in the second round of Wimbledon earlier this year.

Cristina Bucsa vs Jessica Pegula
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center Court
  • Date & time: Wednesday, 27th of September, 03:00
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!