UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on the Hamburg Open’s Center Court as Casper Ruud and Cristian Garin lock horns on Thursday afternoon. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with the bookmaker before placing the bet.
Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin – Match Predictions
As both players set their sights on a quarter-final spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Cristian Garin to Win at Least One Set
Casper Ruud is the favourite to win this match, and for good reason. The Norwegian is the number one seed in this competition; he has four wins in his last five matches too. However, it may interest you to know that Ruud has struggled against Cristian Garin in the past; he suffered three losses in four previous skirmishes between these players, and has a 0-2 record vs Garin on clay courts. Considering Cristian Garin is coming into this match on the back of three consecutive wins, we believe he’ll take at least one set today.
Cristian Garin to Cover +4.5 Games
We’ve already established that Cristian Garin tends to play well against Casper Ruud. It’s also important to point out that the Chilean has held his own against most of his recent opponents. Interestingly, Garin has seven wins in his last nine matches; he won at least one set in all of his last eight singles matches (excluding retirements). Given that Casper Ruud needed three sets to beat Sebastian Baez yesterday, we are fairly confident that Cristian Garin will do enough to cover +4.5 games.
Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin Preview
Now that we’ve gotten our Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players have fared in recent weeks.
After losing in the Bastad Open final to Andrey Rublev, Casper Ruud kicked off his Hamburg Open campaign against Sebastian Baez. Although the Norwegian was the overwhelming favourite to win that match, he needed all of three sets to dispatch the Argentine. This will be a tricky fixture for the former World number 2, as he hasn’t fared well against today’s opponent in recent years. It’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against Cristian Garin.
On the other hand, Cristian Garin had to go through the qualifying rounds of this tournament in order to reach the main draw. The Chilean has put up a fairly decent run of results, winning seven of his last nine matches. Garin will be eyeing his fourth win in five encounters with Casper Ruud as he faces the Norwegian on Thursday.
Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin Head to Head
Casper Ruud and Cristian Garin have met on four occasions, and the Chilean currently leads the head-to-head with three wins. Interestingly, despite being the favourite to win today’s match, Casper Ruud is 0 for 2 against Cristian Garin on clay courts.
- 12/03/23 Garin won 2-0 (Indian Wells Open, Outdoor Hard)
- 05/01/22 Ruud won 2-0 (ATP Cup, Outdoor Hard)
- 14/04/19 Garin won 2-1 (Houston Open, Clay)
- 02/03/19 Garin won 2-0 (São Paulo Open, Clay)
Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin Match Details
- Where can I watch the Ruud vs Garin match on TV? You can catch all the action live on Amazon Prime if you live in the United Kingdom.
- When will this match start? The Casper Ruud vs Cristian Garin match is scheduled for Thursday July 27, not before 14:05 BST.
- On which court will this match be played? These players will go toe-to-toe with each other at the Hamburg Open’s Center Court.
- Who do the bookies favour ahead of this match? Casper Ruud is the clear favourite to win this match.
- Who won the last time these players met? Cristian Garin won the last encounter between these players in straight sets.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!