UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
An interesting fixture is on the cards as Carlos Alcaraz and Daniel Evans draw swords in the second round of the Shanghai Rolex Masters. Which of these players will be left standing at the end of this match?
Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniel Evans – match predictions
- 1 Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniel Evans – match predictions
- 2 Can Daniel Evans get his first win over Carlos Alcaraz?
- 3 Key match details
As Carlos Alcaraz and Daniel Evans contend with each other for a place in the round of 16, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Carlos Alcaraz to cover -4.5 games @ 3/5 (1.60)
It’s safe to say that Daniel Evans isn’t very keen on meeting Carlos Alcaraz on the court. The British player is currently 0 for 3 against Alcaraz, winning just one set in those three matches. As a matter of fact, the last time these players met at a best-of-three event, Evans managed to win just three games. Moreover, Carlos Alcaraz has four straight sets victories in his last five matches; he covered -4.5 games in those four wins. On that note, we are backing the former World number 1 to take this in straight sets, and cover the -4.5 games spread.
Over 19.5 total games @ 3/4 (1.75)
While we expect this match to end in two sets, we believe the over/under games line is a bit low for this match, at 19.5. Also, although Carlos Alcaraz’s last five matches ended in straight sets, most of his matches have gone above this line. In fact, 13 of Alcaraz’s last 16 matches in best-of-three tournaments featured at least 20 games. For this reason, we are taking the under option for this match.
Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniel Evans odds
At 1/10 (1.10), Carlos Alcaraz is the favourite to win this match with a 90.9 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Daniel Evans a 9.1 percent chance to win this match.
The odds in this article were correct at the time of writing, and the odds are subject to change. We recommend checking with your bookmaker before placing a bet.
Can Daniel Evans get his first win over Carlos Alcaraz?
Now that we’ve gotten our Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniel Evans predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this competition.
After losing to Jannik Sinner in the semifinal of the Beijing Open, Carlos Alcaraz kicked off his Shanghai Masters campaign with a straight sets victory over Gregoire Barrere. The Spaniard has now won four of his last five matches, all in straight sets; he’ll look to keep his 100 percent record against Daniel Evans intact after this match.
On the other hand, number 30 seed Daniel Evans faced Mikhail Kukushkin in the previous round of this competition. The British player has been inconsistent these past few weeks; he has as many wins as he has losses in his last 10 singles matches. It’ll be interesting to see how Evans will match-up against Carlos Alcaraz.
Carlos Alcaraz vs Daniel Evans head to head
Carlos Alcaraz and Daniel Evans will square off against each other for the fourth time today, and the third time this year. As it stands, Alcaraz has a perfect three wins from three against today’s opponent.
Key match details
- Venue: Stadium Court.
- Time and date: Monday 9th October, by 11:30 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Carlos Alcaraz.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!