UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
A place in the quarter-final of the Zhengzhou Open is up for grabs as Barbora Krejcikova and Petra Martic square off against each other on Thursday. Which of these players will come out on top at the end of this match?
Barbora Krejcikova vs Petra Martic – match predictions
- 1 Barbora Krejcikova vs Petra Martic – match predictions
- 2 Will Krejcikova avenge her Mutua Madrid Open loss today?
- 3 Key match details
As Barbora Krejcikova and Petra Martic contend with each other for a place in the quarter-final, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Petra Martic to win a set @ 4/6 (1.67)
Number 7 seed Barbora Krejcikova is the clear favourite to win this match, which is no surprise considering she won the San Diego Open title just last month. However, the former French Open champion crashed out in the first round of the China Open last week, winning just four games en route to a straight sets loss at the hands of Mirra Andreeva.
Furthermore, the only other time Krejcikova faced today’s opponent on the court, she lost in straight sets. Although Martic has had her fair share of struggles lately, we are fairly confident that she won’t go down in straight sets.
Over 21.5 total games @ 17/20 (1.85)
Next, let’s take a look at the over/under games market. The line for this match is set at 21.5, which may seem a little high. However, it’s worth mentioning that the last meeting between these players featured at least 22 games. Additionally, two of both players’ last three respective matches ended in maximum sets, going comfortably over 21.5 games. On that note, we’re taking the over option.
Barbora Krejcikova vs Petra Martic odds
At 10/21 (1.48), Barbora Krejcikova is the favourite to win this match with a 67.7 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Petra Martic a 32.3 percent chance to win this match.
Will Krejcikova avenge her Mutua Madrid Open loss today?
Now that we’ve gotten our Barbora Krejcikova vs Petra Martic predictions out of the way, let’s see how both players fared in the weeks leading up to this competition.
Barbora Krejcikova will hope to put her disappointing China Open campaign behind her as she takes on Petra Martic today. The former Roland Garros champion lost in straight sets in the opening round, taking just four games. Interestingly, Krejcikova also suffered a straight sets loss to Petra Martic at the Mutua Madrid Open this year; it’ll be interesting to see if she’ll avenge that loss today.
On the other hand, unseeded Petra Martic held her own against Magda Linette in the previous round, defeating the Pole in straight sets. She has been inconsistent lately, winning three and losing three of her last six singles matches. Martic will set her sights on a quarter-final spot as she meets Barbora Krejcikova for the second time this year.
Krejcikova vs Martic head to head
This will be the second encounter between these players. Barbora Krejcikova and Petra Martic first clashed at the Mutua Madrid Open earlier this year; and despite being the underdog, it was Martic who came out on top in straight sets.
Key match details
- Venue: Center Court.
- Time and date: Thursday 12th October, not before 12:45 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Barbora Krejcikova.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!