UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The 2023 Miami Open will come to an end today; and with that, the clay court swing begins next week. That said, we’ve been through six rounds of interesting tennis fixtures over the past 11 days, and there’s one more in store for us. Of all those who participated in this tournament, there are just two players left standing, and these two will battle for their first ATP Masters title of the year. In this article, we’ll provide our Miami Open men’s predictions on the outright market; we’ll also explore both players’ performances in this competition so far.
Outright Predictions for Miami Open 2023
To be fair, Jannik Sinner is playing arguably the best tennis of his career at the moment. The Italian player has had an impressive run in this competition, defeating players like Carlos Alcaraz, Andrey Rublev and Grigor Dimitrov. It’s fair to point out that Sinner dropped just one set en route to the Miami Open final.
Furthermore, this will be Jannik Sinner’s third ATP final of the year. He previously won the Montpellier Open in February, before reaching the final at Rotterdam, where he lost to none other than today’s opponent Daniil Medvedev. It’s important to point out, however, that Sinner tends to fall short whenever he goes up against Medvedev. He’s 0 for 5 against the Russian, winning just three sets in their five previous meetings.
On the other hand, Daniil Medvedev has been the most consistent player on the WTA Tour these past couple of months; he has been absolutely dominant, winning 24 of his last 25 matches. Interestingly, the former World number 1 will be playing in his fifth consecutive final today. He already won three consecutive titles this season, stringing up 19 consecutive wins at some point. Keeping in mind that Medvedev has a perfect record against his opponent, we believe he’ll win the Miami Open title.
Jannik Sinner vs Daniil Medvedev Head to Head
Over the past three years, Jannik Sinner and Daniil Medvedev have faced each other on five occasions. Interestingly, meetings between these players have mostly been one-sided, as Medvedev came out on top in all of those encounters. It’s fair to point out that previous skirmishes between these players all took place on indoor hard courts; this will be their first clash on an outdoor hard court.
- 19/02/23 Medvedev won 2-1 (Rotterdam, Indoor Hard)
- 28/10/22 Medvedev won 2-0 (Vienna, Indoor Hard)
- 18/11/21 Medvedev won 2-1 (ATP Finals, Indoor Hard)
- 12/03/21 Medvedev won 2-0 (Marseille, Indoor Hard)
- 20-02-20 Medvedev won 2-1 (Marseille, Indoor Hard)
Jannik Sinner – The Journey So Far
Being a seeded player, Jannik Sinner didn’t feature in the first round of this competition. This is the Italian player’s path to the final:
- Second round vs Djere, won 2-0
- Third round vs Dimitrov, won 2-0
- Round of 16 vs Rublev, won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Ruusuvuori, won 2-0
- Semi-final vs Alcaraz, won 2-1
Daniil Medvedev – The Journey So Far
Likewise, Daniil Medvedev was seeded ahead of this tournament, and his Miami Open campaign started in the second round. The former World number 1 has surrendered just one set so far in this tournament.
- Second round vs Carballes Baena, won 2-0
- Third round vs Molcan, won (w/o)
- Round of 16 vs Halys, won 2-0
- Quarter-final vs Eubanks, won 2-0
- Semi-final vs Khachanov, won 2-1
Frequently Asked Questions About Miami Open 2023
- Who do the bookmakers favour ahead of this tournament? Carlos Alcaraz is the favourite to win this competition.
- How much does the winner of this competition get? Whoever wins this tournament will get 1000 ranking points, as well as $1,262,220.
- How many seeded players are there in this year’s Miami Open? There are 32 seeded players at this year’s Miami Open.
- Who won the Miami Open title last year? Carlos Alcaraz won this title last year, when he was just 18.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!