UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
All eyes will be on Coliseum Court as Aslan Karatsev and Frances Tiafoe lock horns on Tuesday. Which of these players will advance to the second round of the Japan Open?
Aslan Karatsev vs Frances Tiafoe – match predictions
- 1 Aslan Karatsev vs Frances Tiafoe – match predictions
- 2 Will Tiafoe extend his winning run against Karatsev?
- 3 Key match details
As Karatsev and Tiafoe vie for a round of 16 spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Frances Tiafoe to win @ 10/21 (1.48)
To be fair, Frances Tiafoe has had his fair share of struggles in recent weeks. The American player crashed out in the first round of the Shanghai Masters just over a week ago; he suffered four losses in his last five matches. However, Tiafoe tends to play well against today’s opponent. He has two wins in as many encounters with Karatsev, and is currently on a five sets winning streak vs the Russian. In spite of his recent shortcomings, we are backing Frances Tiafoe to maintain his 100 percent record against Aslan Karatsev with a win.
Over 22.5 total games @ 17/20 (1.85)
We’ve already established that Frances Tiafoe lost four of his last five matches; it’s also worth mentioning that he dropped at least one set in six of his last eight singles matches. On the other hand, Aslan Karatsev took at least one set in seven of his last eight matches. Although we believe that Frances Tiafoe will come out on top, we expect him to surrender a set while doing so. Considering four of Aslan Karatsev’s last five matches went above the 22.5 games line, we are fairly confident that this match will feature at least 23 games.
Aslan Karatsev vs Frances Tiafoe odds
At 10/21, Frances Tiafoe is the favourite to win this match with a 67.7 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Aslan Karatsev a 32.3 percent chance to win this match.
Will Tiafoe extend his winning run against Karatsev?
With our Aslan Karatsev vs Frances Tiafoe predictions out of the way, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this tournament.
Aslan Karatsev followed a semi-final berth at the Zhuhai Championships with a disappointing first round exit at the Shanghai Masters. The Russian player is still on the hunt for his first ATP singles titles of the year; it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against Frances Tiafoe.
On the other hand, Frances Tiafoe has been going through a rough patch lately. Including David Cup and Laver Cup matches, the American has now lost four of his last five singles matches. Tiafoe will hope to get back on track with a win today; he’ll fancy his chances against Aslan Karatsev.
Karatsev vs Tiafoe head to head
Aslan Karatsev and Frances Tiafoe will meet for the third time today. Interestingly, the previous two clashes between these players took place this year. As it stands, Tiafoe leads the head-to-head with a 2-0 record.
- 02/08/23 – Tiafoe won 2-0 (Washington Open, outdoor hard)
- 01/06/23 Tiafoe won 3-1 (French Open, clay)
Key match details
- Venue: Coliseum.
- Time and date: Tuesday 17th October, not before 11:20 BST.
- Bookies’ favourite: Frances Tiafoe.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!