UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
This will be the tenth match between Aryna Sabalenka and Maria Sakkari. Both of them made significant results this season, which guarantee us a great match at the WTA Finals. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Aryna Sabalenka vs Maria Sakkari predictions
- 1 Our favourite Aryna Sabalenka vs Maria Sakkari predictions
- 2 Can Sabalenka finish the year as the world No. 1?
- 3 Key match details
Sabalenka is a major favourite in this match since she is on top of the rankings and defeated Sakkari twice this year.
Aryna Sabalenka -4.5 @ 17/20 (1.85)
It took a while for Sabalenka to get on top of the rankings, and she has all the confidence and quality to play well at the WTA finals. This will be her first match at the event, while Sakkari already lost to Qinwen Zheng. All the pressure will be on the Greek player, who has proven many times before that she cannot handle those situations well. Sabalenka is simply too good for Sakkari at the moment and will win this one by covering the -4.5 games spread.
First set under 9.5 games @ 13/20 (1.65)
Sakkari managed to break the curse and finally win a title this season, but she is not on the level to be a threat to the top players on the tour. Sabalnka is in great shape and will prove that from the moment she steps on the court. Sakkari will not be able to respond, and the opening set will be over before you know it.
Aryna Sabalenka vs Maria Sakkari odds
According to the odds, Sabalenka is the favourite to win the game, with a 77% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Sakkari 23% chance to win the match.
Can Sabalenka finish the year as the world No. 1?
Sabalenka has been pretty consistent the whole year long and by winning three titles, she managed to get on top of the WTA rankings. Iga Swiatek is still right behind her, so we will watch a tight race for the world No. 1 spot by the end of the season.
The world No. 1 is 53-12 for the season and 33-7 on hard surface. She is coming off a quarterfinal loss to Elena Rybakina in Beijing.
Sabalenka won three titles so far in the season, the Australian Open and the tournaments in Madrid and Adelaide.
Sakkari is currently 9th in the rankings while her career high is No. 9. The Greek is 38-22 for the season and 26-14 on hard surface.
In her first match at the WTA Finals, Sakkari lost 7-6, 6-3 to Qinwen Zheng.
After a gap of four years, Sakkari won a title this season, winning in Guadalajara.
Sabalenka vs Sakkari head to head
Sabalenka leads 6-3 against Sakkari in their previous head to head matches. Sabalenka won two semifinals this year against the Greek player. In Madrid, the score was 6-4, 6-3 while in Indian Wells, she won 6-2, 6-3. Sakkari’s won the last two times they met at the Masters Cup. In 2022, it was 6-2, 6-4 and the year before, 7-6, 6-7, 6-3. Sabalenka won the previous four matches, dropping only one set, while Sakkri won their first match ever, in 2019 in Cincinnati.
Key match details
- Venue: Center court
- Date & time: Sunday, 29th of October, 23:30
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!