UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
Sparks will fly as Andy Murray and Alex de Minaur go toe-to-toe with each other on Monday. Which of these players will emerge victorious at the end of this match?
Andy Murray vs Alex de Minaur – match predictions
- 1 Andy Murray vs Alex de Minaur – match predictions
- 2 Can Andy Murray get his first win against de Minaur today?
- 3 Key match details
As these players battle it out for a second round spot, these are our predictions and tips for this match
Alex de Minaur to win @ 10/21 (1.48)
Andy Murray’s recent form doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. The former World number 1 suffered four losses in his last five matches, with his only victory coming against World number 51 Yannick Hanfmann.
That said, Murray doesn’t have a great track record against today’s opponent; he has five losses in as many clashes with the Australian, with three of those taking place in 2023. Given how the three-time grand slam champion has struggled in recent weeks, we are leaning towards Alex de Minaur for the victory.
3 total sets @ 7/5 (2.40)
Next, let’s take a look at the ‘total sets’ market. We’ve established that Andy Murray is currently 0 for 5 against Alex de Minaur. However, those clashes weren’t very one-sided; as three of them ended in maximum sets.
That said, although Andy Murray lost four of his last five matches, only one of those losses came in straight sets. Taking into account that three of the British player’s last five matches were three-setters, we believe that this match will go all the way to three sets.
Andy Murray vs Alex de Minaur odds
At 10/21 (1.48), Alex de Minaur is the favourite to win this match with a 67.7 percent probability. On the other hand, the bookies give Andy Murray a 32.3 percent chance to win this match.
Can Andy Murray get his first win against de Minaur today?
Now that we’ve established our Andy Murray vs Alex de Minaur predictions, let’s see how these players fared in the weeks leading up to this year’s Paris Masters.
Andy Murray crashed out in the second round of the Swiss Indoors Basel Open at the hands of Tomas Martin Etcheverry; that was his fourth loss in five games. The three-time grand slam champion will hope to improve his poor recent form by getting his first win against Alex de Minaur; it’ll be interesting to see how he matches up against the Australian.
Alex de Minaur
Like today’s opponent, Alex de Minaur has not been very consistent lately. He has three losses in his last six singles matches, with three wins. Interestingly, the Australian player has dominated Andy Murray in the past; he’ll look to maintain his 100 percent record against the former World number 1 today.
Murray vs de Minaur head to head
It’s important to point out that Andy Murray is still on the hunt for his first win against Alex de Minaur. The former World number 1 met de Minaur five times on the court, and he lost all five clashes. Interestingly, if you’re counting walkovers, Alex de Minaur has a perfect 6-0 record vs Murray.
Key match details
- Venue: Court Central.
- Time and date: Monday 30th October, by 11:30 GMT.
- Bookies’ favourite: Alex de Minaur.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!