Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Beatriz Haddad Maia prediction and odds: Hong Kong Open 2023

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Beatriz Haddad Maia prediction and odds: Hong Kong Open 2023
Photo: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports/Sipa USA - Photo by Icon sport

Both Pavlyuchenkova and Haddad Maia have been close to the top of the women’s tennis and are hoping to be back there. They are both experienced and are coming off great performances in the opening round. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Beatriz Haddad Maia predictions

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova won the Hong Open in 2017, which gives her some sort of confidence in this tournament, but the fact remains that she has not won a single title in more than five years.

Beatriz Haddad Maia to win @ 17/20 (1.85)

Haddad Maia barely made it to the second round after playing a third-set tiebreak while Pavlyuchenkova did not lose a single game in the opening round. The Russian spent much less time on the court but that will not be much of a help since Haddad Maia has much better season. The Brazilian is one of the strongest players on the tour and will use her physical dominance to move on to the third round.

Over 22.5 games @ 4/5 (1.80)

Both Pavlyuchenkova and Haddad Maia have a lot of big matches on their resume, and this will be the next one. They are great fighters and this will be another match that will demand their maximal effort. Haddad Maia played three seats in 8 of her last 10 matches and given the form of the two players, this will be another long one.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Beatriz Haddad Maia odds

According to the odds, Haddad Maia is the favourite to win the game, with a 55% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Pavlyuchenkova 45% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against the world No. 85, Katerina Siniakova in the third round.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Pavlyuchenkova is 61st in the WTA rankings and her career-high was No. 11. The Russian is 23-16 for the season and 5-7 on hard surface.

She is coming off a 6-0, 6-0 win in the opening round against Jana Fett.

Last week in Beijing, she was blown out by Mira Andreeva in the first round and the week before, she reached the semifinal in Tokyo.

Pavlyuchenkova’s best result his season was the final in Contrexville where she lost to Arantxa Rus.

Pavlyuchenkova won the Hong Kong Open in 2017 defeating Daria Saville in the final.

Beatriz Haddad Maia

Haddad Maia is currently 20th in the rankings and earlier this year, she reached her career high, No. 10. The Brazilian is 31-20 for the season and 16-12 on hard surface.

Haddad Maia is coming off a 7-6, 3-6, 7-6 win over Aliaksandra Sasnovich in the opening round.

She also lost in the opening round in Beijing and previously reached the quarterfinal in San Diego.

Haddad Maia’s best result this season was the semifinal at the French Open where she lost to Iga Swiatek.

Pavlyuchenkova vs Haddad Maia head to head

This will be the first match between Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Beatriz Haddad Maia.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Beatriz Haddad Maia
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

  • Venue: Center court
  • Date & time: Thursday, 12th of October, 10:00 GMT
  • Where to watch in UKAmazon Prime

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!