UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The highest-ranked American player Taylor Fritz, is facing Sebastian Baez in the opening round of the Paris Open. The Argentinian has never been even close to defeating Fritz, so it is a big question if he can be a real challenge. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.
Our favourite Taylor Fritz vs Sebastian Baez predictions
- 1 Our favourite Taylor Fritz vs Sebastian Baez predictions
- 2 Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?
- 3 Key match details
Taylor Fritz loves to play indoor tournaments and can make a lot of noise this week in Paris.
Taylor Fritz 2-0 @ 3/5 (1.60)
Fritz could not even ask for a better opponent in the opening round in Paris. He has absolutely dominated Baez in their previous two matches, and there is no way the Argentinian will stand any chance in this match. Baez prefers playing on clay courts, and even though he has been very active on hard this season, the level of play is still not there. Fritz will take control of this match early on and close it in straight sets.
First set under 8.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)
We will go with a little higher odds for this match since we have enough arguments for that. Looking back at the previous two matches between Fritz and Baez, the Argentinian has won a total of five games and has never won more than two in a single set. Fritz will show up ready in Paris and will make a statement with a dominant win not allowing Baez more than a couple of games in the opening set.
Taylor Fritz vs Sebastian Baez odds
According to the odds, Fritz is the favourite to win the game, with a 86% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Baez 14% chance to win the match.
Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?
The winner of this match will play against the winner of the match between Daniel Altmeier and Arthur Fils in the second round.
Fritz is 9th in the ATP rankings and his career high was No. 5. The American is 54-23 for the season and 36-11 on hard surface.
He is coming to Paris after a tough loss in the second round in Basel 6-7, 7-6, 7-6 against Alexander Shevchenko.
Fritz won two titles so far in the season in Atlanta and Delray Beach.
Baez is 29th in the rankings, two spots lower than his career high. The Argentinian is 36-26 for the season and 9-7 on hard surface.
He is coming off a 7-6, 6-1 loss to Holger Rune in the second round in Basel.
Baez won three titles this season. He won on clay in his home country, in Cordoba and in Kitzbuhel as well as on hard surface in Winston Salem.
Fritz vs Baez head to head
Fritz won both of the previous matches against Baez. In the third round in Indian Wells, the American won 6-1, 6-2 while things were even worse for Baez in the first round of the 2022 Cincinnati Open, where he lost 6-1, 6-1.
Key match details
- Venue: Court 1
- Date & time: Monday, 30th of October, TBD
- Where to watch in UK: Amazon Prime
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!