UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
- Inter Milan’s attacking prowess was on full display as they cruised to a convincing 4-0 victory over Fiorentina, with Lautaro Martínez leading the charge with a brace.
- Marcus Thuram’s dynamic performance, including a goal and an assist, played a crucial role in Inter’s dominance, showcasing his influence on the team’s attacking rhythm.
- Fiorentina struggled to create chances and failed to test Inter’s resolute defense, resulting in a one-sided showdown at the San Siro.
Inter Milan Player Ratings
- Yann Sommer – 7.5/10: Sommer made some crucial saves to keep Inter’s lead intact, ensuring a clean sheet.
- Matteo Darmian – 7/10: Darmian put in a solid defensive shift and provided support in attack when needed.
- Stefan de Vrij – 7.5/10: De Vrij was rock-solid at the back, making key interceptions and clearances.
- Alessandro Bastoni – 7/10: Bastoni delivered a quality assist for the opening goal and had a strong presence in defense.
- Denzel Dumfries – 7/10: Dumfries was a threat down the right flank and played a role in the attack while maintaining defensive responsibilities.
- Nicolo Barella – 7/10: Barella put in a tireless midfield display, contributing defensively and offensively.
- Hakan Çalhanoğlu – 8/10: Çalhanoğlu scored a penalty and was a creative force in midfield, dictating the tempo of the game.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan – 7/10: Mkhitaryan was active in the attack and provided a good link-up play.
- Federico Dimarco – 7/10: Dimarco was involved in build-up play and contributed to Inter’s attacking options.
- Lautaro Martínez – 8.5/10: Martínez scored two goals, showcasing his clinical finishing and ability to create chances.
- Marcus Thuram – 8/10: Thuram scored the opening goal and provided an assist, consistently causing problems for the Fiorentina defense.
- Davide Frattesi – 6.5/10: Frattesi came on to provide fresh legs and support in midfield.
- Juan Cuadrado – 7/10: Cuadrado’s introduction added dynamism to the right wing, leading to an assist for Inter’s fourth goal.
- Carlos Augusto – 6.5/10: Augusto provided cover in defense and helped maintain Inter’s lead.
- Marko Arnautović – 6.5/10: Arnautović added an extra dimension to Inter’s attack after coming on as a substitute.
- Kristjan Asllani – 6: Limited playing time for Asllani to make a significant impact.
— ACF Fiorentina English (@ACFFiorentinaEN) September 3, 2023
Fiorentina Player Ratings
- Oliver Christensen – 6/10: Christensen made some saves but couldn’t prevent all of Inter’s goals.
- Dodô – 6/10: Dodô had a decent defensive outing but offered limited attacking contributions.
- Nikola Milenković – 6.5/10: Milenković showed resilience in defense and made essential clearances.
- Luca Ranieri – 6.5/10: Ranieri put in a solid shift in defense and received a yellow card for a tactical foul.
- Cristiano Biraghi – 6/10: Biraghi struggled to create opportunities and was unable to provide quality deliveries from set pieces.
- Arthur – 6/10: Arthur worked hard in midfield but couldn’t influence the game significantly.
- Rolando Mandragora – 6/10: Mandragora battled in midfield but couldn’t unlock Inter’s defense.
- Nicolás González – 6/10: González had limited opportunities to impact the attacking third.
- Giacomo Bonaventura – 6.5/10: Bonaventura put in a commendable midfield performance and received a yellow card for a tactical foul.
- Christian Kouamé – 6/10: Kouamé had a quiet game and was substituted early in the second half.
- Lucas – 6/10: Lucas struggled to make an impact in the final third and was replaced during the match.
- Riccardo Sottil – 6.5/10: Sottil provided energy and tested the Inter defense with his efforts.
- M’Bala Nzola – 6.5/10: Nzola came on in the second half to bolster Fiorentina’s attack.
- Gino Infantino – 6/10: Infantino added fresh legs to Fiorentina’s midfield but couldn’t change the course of the game.
- Josip Brekalo – 6/10: Brekalo entered the game in an attempt to spark Fiorentina’s offense.
- Lorenzo Amatucci – 6: Limited playing time for Amatucci to make a significant impact.
Inter vs Fiorentina Match Summary and Highlights
In a one-sided showdown, Inter Milan cruised to a convincing 4-0 victory over Fiorentina at the San Siro. The Nerazzurri dominated from start to finish, with their attacking prowess on full display.
The opening goal came in the 23rd minute when Marcus Thuram powered home a header from Federico Dimarco’s pinpoint delivery. Despite numerous opportunities, Inter had to wait until the 53rd minute for their second, as Lautaro Martínez effortlessly slotted home after an assist from Thuram.
Hakan Çalhanoğlu made it 3-0 with a confidently taken penalty in the 58th minute, following a foul on Thuram. Martínez completed his brace in the 73rd minute, courtesy of Juan Cuadrado’s precise cross, taking his tally to five goals in three games this season.
Inter’s dominance was reflected in their 3.92 xG compared to Fiorentina’s paltry 0.32. The visitors struggled to create chances, and Inter’s defense remained resolute.
With this victory, Inter maintains their perfect start to the season, while Fiorentina faces an uphill battle to find their form.
— Inter (@Inter_en) September 3, 2023
Man of the Match: Lautaro Martínez
Lautaro Martínez takes the accolade for Man of the Match. With a clinical brace and an exceptional all-around performance, he was the driving force behind Inter Milan’s victory, showcasing his scoring prowess and work rate throughout the game.
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!