UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Los Angeles Rams travel to take on the Indianapolis Colts, who are a surprising 2-1 and getting rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson back from a concussion. But he could be in trouble against Aaron Donald.
Indianapolis Colts vs Los Angeles Rams – Game predictions
- 1 Indianapolis Colts vs Los Angeles Rams – Game predictions
- 2 Colts vs Rams preview – Which offensive line holds up?
- 3 Key match details
The Colts are a 1-point home favorite with a total of 45 points. You can find the spread as a pick ‘em at some sportsbooks due to the health uncertainty among the Indianapolis offensive line.
Prediction 1: Rams ML @ -110 (1.91)
The Colts had a great upset in Baltimore last week, but they showed some cracks in that game with pass protection and the offense wasn’t that productive. While Richardson’s return should help, he does not have a good line in front of him, which could be trouble against Aaron Donald. Matthew Stafford can bounce back from Week 3’s loss in Cincinnati, and rookie Puka Nacua looks like the real deal in this offense. Sean McVay has the coaching experience and will not let his team lose a third in a row here. Take the Rams to win.
Prediction 2: Matthew Stafford over 254.5 passing yards @ -115 (1.87)
Stafford should get a lot of passing opportunities in a game script that could see this turn into a shootout, or he could have to carry the offense with the running game getting shut down. Either way, he has solid weapons around him even without Cooper Kupp thanks to the improvement of Tutu Atwell and the unbelievable job by rookie Puka Nacua. The Colts allowed Lamar Jackson to go over 300 total yards last week, though he had over 100 rushing. Stafford is a pocket passer who can chew up this secondary for a big yardage day indoors.
Indianapolis Colts vs Los Angeles Rams odds
The Rams have -110 (1.91) odds on the moneyline, implying they have a 52.4% chance to win this game. The Colts also have -110 (1.91) odds, which again is a 52.4% chance of victory.
Colts vs Rams preview – Which offensive line holds up?
The Rams definitely had pass protection issues in Cincinnati, and the Colts could have them in this game due to injuries up front. The quarterback that navigates this better could win the game.
Indianapolis Colts form, news and injuries
The Colts still do not have Jonathan Taylor back at running back, but Zack Moss looked solid last week, and Richardson can give the team a boost on the ground. He will be tested in this one against an elite pass rusher like Aaron Donald. The Colts have also been respectable on defense this year, but Stafford is a different passer from the likes of what they have faced already, so that is another good test.
Indianapolis Colts injury report:
- DT DeForest Buckner (Groin) – Questionable
- C Ryan Kelly (Concussion) – Out
- G Quenton Nelson (Toe) – Questionable
- DE Genard Avery (Knee) – Out
- WR Ashton Dulin (Knee) – Out
- RB Jonathan Taylor (Ankle) – Out
- QB Sam Ehlinger (Shoulder) – Questionable
- G Danny Pinter (Ankle) – Out
- G Jack Anderson (Calf) – Out
- CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart (Undisclosed) – Out
- OT Bernhard Raimann (Concussion) – Out
- TE Jelani Woods (Hamstring) – Out
- RB Evan Hull (Knee) – Out
- S Daniel Scott (Knee) – Out
- OT Jake Witt (Hip) – Out
- DE Titus Leo (Undisclosed) – Out
Los Angeles Rams form, news and injuries
The Rams are still without No. 1 wideout Cooper Kupp (hamstring), but Puka Nacua is doing a great job of filling his shoes. The running game is where the Rams need a boost as they only rank 27th in yards per carry. Defensively, the Rams are more than holding their own given the starting lineup before the season looked like Aaron Donald and 10 NPCs.
Los Angeles Rams injury report:
- TE Tyler Higbee (Achilles) – Questionable
- WR Cooper Kupp (Hamstring) – Out
- DB John Johnson III (Head) – Questionable
- TE Hunter Long (Thigh) – Out
- WR Ben Skowronek (Achilles) – Questionable
- OL Alaric Jackson (Hamstring) – Questionable
- OLB Ochaun Mathis (Knee) – Out
- DB Jason Taylor II (Groin) – Out
Colts vs Rams head to head record
Indianapolis leads the all-time series 23-20-2. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2021: Rams 27, Colts 24 in Indianapolis
- 2017: Rams 46, Colts 9 in Los Angeles
- 2013: Rams 38, Colts 8 in Indianapolis
- 2009: Colts 42, Rams 6 in St. Louis
- 2005: Colts 45, Rams 28 in Indianapolis
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!