UK: 18+ USA: 21+ | Begambleaware.org | T&Cs apply | Play Responsibly
The Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns are set to clash for a huge matchup in the AFC North. The Browns have the No. 1 defense going into Week 4 while the Ravens have a ton of injuries to overcome.
Cleveland Browns vs Baltimore Ravens – Game predictions
- 1 Cleveland Browns vs Baltimore Ravens – Game predictions
- 2 Browns vs Ravens preview – Which quarterback makes the big mistake?
- 3 Key match details
The Browns are a 2.5-point home favorite with a total of 39 points. The spread opened at Ravens -1.5 before moving to Cleveland, making it only the 5th time since 2008 that Baltimore has been an underdog against the Browns.
Prediction 1: Ravens +2.5 @ -110 (1.91)
The Cleveland defense has been great, allowing no more than 9 first downs in any of the first 3 games, which has not been done in the NFL since the 2000 Titans. But the Cleveland defense also hasn’t faced a good offense yet nor has it seen a quarterback on par with Lamar Jackson, who rushed for over 100 yards last week in a losing effort against the Colts. In the Jackson era (since 2018), the Ravens are 19-3-2 ATS as an underdog, the best record in the league. Trust Jackson to outplay Deshaun Watson, who is going to miss having Nick Chubb in this matchup, and the Ravens should get the cover and quite possibly the victory.
Prediction 2: Lamar Jackson over 48.5 rushing yards @ -129 (2.18)
With the strength of Cleveland’s defense and the injuries at wide receiver, this is a game where Jackson needs to take things into his own hands. He had over 48.5 rushing yards in each of the last two games, and he has cleared that over in 6-of-7 starts against Cleveland that he finished without injury. His ability to scramble or run on designed plays is still a unique weapon that the Ravens must exploit in this matchup against such a good defense. Fear the passing props in this game, but Lamar’s rushing should be a good choice for the over.
Cleveland Browns vs Baltimore Ravens odds
The Ravens have +118 (2.18) odds on the moneyline, implying they have a 45.9% chance to win this game. The Browns have -140 (1.71) odds, which is a 58.3% chance of victory.
Browns vs Ravens preview – Which quarterback makes the big mistake?
This should not be a high-scoring game at all. The Browns have not looked good running the ball since Nick Chubb was injured, so it could be on these quarterbacks to carry the load for their offenses.
Cleveland Browns form, news and injuries
The Browns look totally dominant on defense, led by Myles Garrett and new defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz. This is easily their biggest test yet. The offense found a passing game against the Titans last week, but that’s how Tennessee draws it up. The Ravens are still a proud defense and should be a challenge for Watson, who has had limited practice with a shoulder injury, without Chubb.
Cleveland Browns injury report:
- OT Jack Conklin (Knee) – Out
- WR Jakeem Grant Sr. (Knee) – Out
- QB Deshaun Watson (Right Shoulder) – Questionable
- RB Nick Chubb (Knee) – Out
- G Drew Forbes (Illness) – Out
- LB Jordan Kunaszyk (Knee) – Out
- LB Jacob Phillips (Pectoral) – Out
- CB Thomas Graham Jr. (Ankle) – Out
- WR Michael Woods II (Achilles) – Out
- G Dawson Deaton (Knee) – Out
- WR Daylen Baldwin (Hamstring) – Out
Baltimore Ravens form, news and injuries
The Ravens are one of the most injured teams in the league with multiple receivers, their best offensive linemen, and some players in the secondary out again. But they have Lamar Jackson, who was absent in last December’s 13-3 loss in Cleveland. If the defense only gives up 13 points this week, you can count on Baltimore winning this game. But the Ravens are getting worrisome with these injuries again.
Baltimore Ravens injury report:
- WR Odell Beckham Jr. (Ankle) – Out
- OT Ronnie Stanley (Knee) – Doubtful
- CB Marlon Humphrey (Foot) – Out
- OLB Tyus Bowser (Knee) – Out
- S Marcus Williams (Pectoral) – Questionable
- RB Justice Hill (Foot) – Questionable
- CB Trayvon Mullen (Toe) – Out
- LS Nick Moore (Achilles) – Out
- RB J.K. Dobbins (Achilles) – Out
- WR Tylan Wallace (Hamstring) – Out
- WR Rashod Bateman (Hamstring) – Out
- S Ar’Darius Washington (Chest) – Out
- OLB Odafe Oweh (Ankle) – Out
- S Kyle Hamilton (Back) – Questionable
- C Tyler Linderbaum (Ankle) – Questionable
- OLB David Ojabo (Ankle/Knee) – Out
- CB Damarion Williams (Ankle) – Out
- RB Keaton Mitchell (Shoulder) – Out
- OL Andrew Vorhees (Knee) – Out
- OLB Malik Hamm (Ankle) – Out
Browns vs Ravens head to head record
Baltimore leads the all-time series 35-13. Here are the results of the last 5 matchups:
- 2022: Browns 13, Ravens 3 in Cleveland
- 2022: Ravens 23, Browns 20 in Baltimore
- 2021: Browns 24, Ravens 22 in Cleveland
- 2021: Ravens 16, Browns 10 in Baltimore
- 2020: Ravens 47, Browns 42 in Cleveland
Key match details
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 1, 2023, 01:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, OH
- Where to watch match in UK: fuboTV, or other live stream
Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!