Sports News Tennis

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Ben Shelton prediction and odds: Paris Open 2023

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Ben Shelton prediction and odds: Paris Open 2023
Photo by Icon sport

Both Alejandro Davidovich Fokina and Ben Shelton are having solid seasons, and one of them may be the breakthrough star at the Paris Open. Get the latest tennis betting tips and predictions here.

Our favourite Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Ben Shelton predictions

Ben Shelton recently won his first ever ATP title and is coming to Paris as a dark horse candidate.

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina +3.5 @ 13/20 (1.65)

Both players are still not in their prime, but the Spaniard is more experienced. However, Shelton has proved that he is ready for big occasions, making it to the semifinal at the US Open. The playing conditions in Paris are a good fit for the American, and that’s why he is considered the favourite in this match. Still, Davidovich Fokina is a great fighter, and he will be able to hold on in this match and even if he doesn’t go through, he will most likely cover the +3.5 games spread.

Over 22.5 games @ 17/20 (1.85)

Both players are on top of the game and have a chance to compete on the highest possible level. They are ready to make a lot of noise in Paris and neither of them will get out of the court before leaving everything he got. With that attitude and the quality Davidovich Fokina and Shelton possess, this will be a long match that will definitely go over 22.5 games in total.

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Ben Shelton odds

According to the odds, Shelton is the favourite to win the game, with a 71% win probability. Meanwhile, the bookies give Davidovich Fokina 29% chance to win the match.

Who is the next opponent for the winner of this match?

The winner of this match will play against the winner of the match between Tallon Griekspoor and Christopher Eubanks in the second round.

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina

Davidovich Fokina is currently 26th in the rankings, five spots lower than his career high. The Spaniard is 31-29 for the season and 18-11 on hard surface.

Davidovich Fokina took a couple of weeks off after losing to Arthur Fils 6-2, 7-5 in the first round in Shanghai.

This will be his fourth appearance in Paris and his best result was reaching the round of 16 in 2020.

His best result this season was the semifinal in Toronto where he lost to Alex de Minaur.

Ben Shelton

Shelton is enjoying his highest career ranking being No. 15 in the world. The 21-year-old is 28-25 for the season and 21-13 on hard surface.

Last week, he lost in the opening round in Vienna, 7-6, 7-6 to Jannik Sinner.

Shelton won his first career ATP title in Tokyo a couple of weeks ago. He also made it to the semifinals at the US Open and the quarterfinals at the Australian Open earlier this season.

Davidovich Fokina vs Shelton head to head

This will be the first match ever between Alejandro Davidovich Fokina and Ben Shelton.

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Ben Shelton
Photo by Icon sport

Key match details

Subscribe to Punditfeed on Google News for all the latest updates from the world of sports!